Welcome

Hello, and welcome to my blog! I'm not sure exactly what I'll be writing about, but with the project I've been working on for the past 7 months recently announced, I felt compelled to finally start one. Of course, it has taken me almost a week to get my blog up and running - more on that in future blog entries...

Serchie

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Double Trouble

Some people believe that everyone has a doppelganger, someone who looks exactly like them, somewhere in the world. Olivia, 16, thinks hers might be a bit too close for comfort...

The first time I noticed something weird was going on was when my next door neighbour, Angie, blanked me in the street.

Strange goings on

Angie's a bit older than me, but we've been friends since I was tiny and she'd never been off with me before. So, I turned and ran after her, wondering what on earth could be the problem.

“But I hadn't been in town”

"What's up Angie?", I asked. "Are you mad with me about something?"

"Oh right, so you're speaking to me know are you?", She said.

"Of course I'm speaking to you.", I didn't have a clue what she meant.

"Yeah? Well you made a good job of pretending you didn't know me when you were with your mates in town yesterday."

But I hadn't been in town the day before...


It wasn't me!

I tried to tell Angie this, but she didn't seem too convinced.

Images posed by models: Double Trouble



"I would've sworn it was you Liv," she said. "But I did think it was kind of strange that you looked at me so blankly when I waved. I think you must have a twin!"

Nothing else happened for about a year afterwards and I forgot all about it.

Then one day my mum sat me down and started having a go at me because her friend, Gale, told her she'd seen me smoking in town.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing - I absolutely hate cigarettes and Mum knew it!


The twin returns

I denied it so much that mum called Gale and asked if she'd come over. When Gale came over, her jaw dropped as soon as she saw me.

She turned to Mum and said, "When did Liv dye her hair?"

"About two months ago," Mum said.

Gale looked back at me, "I'm really sorry Liv," she said, "I've made an awful mistake. But this girl I saw smoking, she looked just like you. She could've been your twin!"

Just a few days later this girl I was sure I'd never set eyes on before ran up to me in the street and started gushing about how much she liked what I'd done with my hair. I thought she was massively over-familiar, but I didn't want to be rude, so I just kept saying thank you.

Images posed by models: Double Trouble

"Wait till Jack sees your new look," she added, "he's gonna be so sorry!"

"Jack who?" I asked.

And the girl burst out laughing, "Cool", she said, "he's so past tense!"

"I'm sorry, I don't have a clue what you're on about." I told her, wondering if she could be insane.

Then she stopped and looked at me for a minute. She went bright red.

"You're not Cassie are you?" she said.

"No, my name's Olivia."

"Oh god, I'm so embarrassed. You look just like my friend Cassie," she said, "and she told me she was dying her hair black too, so I thought. Sorry, I'm going to go now." And she quickly walked off.


Who's Cassie?

Since then I've had so many people come up to me telling me they've seen me around town, sometimes smoking and drinking - so I suppose this Cassie girl must've got her hair done like mine! It's a bit of a worry really because I think she could get me into a lot of trouble.

“I think she could get me into a lot of trouble”

I've tried asking around to find out who Cassie is, but I haven't been able to find anyone who knows her yet. I really wish I'd asked her friend more about her that day, but I was so surprised I just let her walk away.

It'll be really weird if I ever meet Cassie. I hope I do though - if she's got any clothes that look good on her I could go buy them too!

No comments: