Welcome

Hello, and welcome to my blog! I'm not sure exactly what I'll be writing about, but with the project I've been working on for the past 7 months recently announced, I felt compelled to finally start one. Of course, it has taken me almost a week to get my blog up and running - more on that in future blog entries...

Serchie

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"I slept with my friend's husband"

Flirtation turned to deception for Anita...

I grew up more sheltered than you could possibly imagine.

Dad said he was only trying to protect me, but maybe if I'd been allowed to go out and learn a little more about the world I wouldn't have ended up getting so badly hurt.

My Dad was always very strict. Mum was more understanding, but he was the boss. Arguments became a regular thing in our house. They started over all kinds of issues, but they usually ended the same way - with violence from Dad.

Things got worse and it began to affect my health, I had migraines and bad mood swings. By the time I was 16, I couldn't take any more. So I decided to run away. I knew things couldn't get worse for me, but I worried how it would affect my Mum. She had always been so loving and supportive.


I'd made my plan, but I needed to talk to someone


A young Indian couple, Leena and Jay, had moved into our street and Ravi had made friends with them. Leena seemed nice so, thinking she might understand, I decided to talk to her.

I slept with my friend's husband

When I went over to their house, only Leena was home. She was so friendly and easy to talk to, I spilled everything out and told her I was planning to run away.

I was surprised when she said she'd ran away from similar problems at home when she was 17. I felt much better knowing someone understood and cared. She said she'd give me any help I needed.

The next day she texted, asking over to her house that night to talk some more. Jay was there too this time. He seemed really sweet. He said he was worried about what'd happen if I just fled with nowhere to go, that it'd be dangerous.

"Come and stay at our house for a few days and get your head straight", he said. "No one has to know where you are."


I thought he was right...


He said I might feel better after some time away and my Dad might be shook up enough about me going missing to change. I thought it was worth a try and sneaked over there the next day.

“They were both so kind”

Jay was so kind to me while I was there. Leena was always busy with her son, so we spent a lot time together, talking through my problems and sometimes just having a laugh.

At 27, Jay was nearly ten years my senior, but we really clicked and it never seemed like he was older.

Three days later I returned home. My family had been worried and, for a while, things did get a bit better. I still saw a lot of Jay, he came out with me and Ravi and would usually offer to pay. I felt bad, but he said he didn't mind.

We became really close and my feelings for him grew deeper. I'd never met such a caring man, and he always made me laugh no matter how low I felt. We started sending cheeky texts and flirting. I thought nothing much of it though, because he was married to Leena.

One night Ravi and me had been over to Jay and Leena's place, just to watch TV.

I slept with my friend's husband

We were having a real laugh and stayed for ages, til after 11pm. As soon as we got back home, Dad started shouting. Then he started blaming Mum.

He whacked her across the face and I ran outside crying. Jay saw me and, when I told him what happened, he rang the cops. Dad got arrested and we were about to be sent to a refuge, but Jay said we should stay at his house.

I knew he was doing it for me. I thanked God that night for sending him to help me. I thought he was my angel.

We stayed with Jay for three days.


We went home in the end, but by then I'd become really attached to Jay and I missed him. Then, one night, at 1am, he texted, asking me to come over as Leena was asleep.

I knew it was wrong, but my feelings for Jay were so strong, and he'd done so much for me, that I couldn't refuse him. I met him the garden and we made love right there.

It felt so romantic. I forgot all my problems and the next day I couldn't stop smiling.

“I was all smiles”

I felt guilty about Leena. But, knowing Jay was cheating on her just for me made me feel special and wanted in a way I never had before. I met Jay after midnight every night after that.

I was in the bath when I got a text from Leena that sounded scary, "Come over now - if you don't I'll come to you". I dashed over to her house.

She'd seen us together. She said I should keep away from Jay for my own good because he was only using me. She also told me she was pregnant. I was completely devastated. But it got worse...

She told me he'd done it loads of times before with other girls. All young, just like me. "Don't think you're special," Leena spat.

Then, Jay walked in and saw us.

Everything went wrong all at the same time.


Jay walked towards me and, rather than smiling and hugging me, he flipped out.

He went completely psycho, shouting at me "Get off my property or I'll call the cops!" I wanted to talk it through, but Jay shoved me out of the door and slammed it behind me.

I couldn't believe it, I'd never seem him like that before. It hurt so much I really thought I would die.

I couldn't eat, sleep, and could hardly talk for weeks. My brother told me Jay had told Leena I'd seduced him, and that he never wanted to betray her. But it seemed the other way around to me.

I thought he was someone who cared for me and wanted to save me from my unhappy life.

Now I realise the only person who can do that is myself.

No comments: