Welcome

Hello, and welcome to my blog! I'm not sure exactly what I'll be writing about, but with the project I've been working on for the past 7 months recently announced, I felt compelled to finally start one. Of course, it has taken me almost a week to get my blog up and running - more on that in future blog entries...

Serchie

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I stole my friend's boyfriend

Cierra, found herself caught in a love triangle with her best friend's boy friend at the centre. She emailed us her story...

Me and Monica were as close as any two girls could get. We look alike, talk alike, think alike, dress alike - we were like twins, inseparable. We went through everything together.

Some best friends

In year 9, she started dating this guy - Vince. We all hung out a lot, I was even dating one of his friends. We had fun.
Vince looked me up online and we became amazing friends. We could talk about anything. We had loads in common. We just made sense.

I guess deep down I knew I had feelings for him, but I always pushed them away for the sake of my friendship.
I was always screwing up. Disappointing my family, friends. And I never could keep a relationship. This time I crossed the line.

Flirting with danger

“It was the kind of love you only see on TV”

One summer, Monica was grounded. Me and Vince started texting and talking and even hanging out. One night he let slip that he wanted more than just to be friends. We joked about it, both knowing we could never do that to Monica. We both loved her.

Before I knew it we were planning the bonfire night together. A couple of nights before I changed my mind. I Couldn't do that to her.

A step too far

We decided to hang out just as friends. But in the end a lot more happened. Vince lost his virginity to Monica at 16. I ended up losing mine to him.
To this day, It's still one of the most amazing night's of my life.

We cried over this dilemma. Suddenly things weren't simple. It was like a love triangle. I Didn't know what to do.

Again, I decided I couldn't do it anymore. I still wonder if he'd have let me walk away, but we just couldn't break it off. We were attached at the hip, the kind of love you only see on TV and read about in romantic novels.

Eventually, he broke up with Monica. I was there for her through it all. The pain I felt for her was sincere but the guilt I felt was unimaginable.

Out in the open

A girl shouting at her friend.

In the end some of our mutual friends who I had told about my relationship with Vince told Monica.

She had a right to know, but it sucked. They wrote nasty things on the walls and put me through hell. I almost switched schools, it was so bad.

But me and Monica both missed each other. Our friendship was deep. A friend of ours, John, couldn't stand it and got us "back together."

Reunited but at a cost

She decided 6 years of friendship was stupid to give up over a guy. She just looks at it as a stupid fight over a boy. We have our rules though.

I don't wear his ring around her, we don't talk about him and she doesn't see him. But amazingly me and Vince are still together. I love him more than I thought I could love anybody.

Me and Monica work at our friendship more than we used to. I regret doing that to her, but I do love Vince. I guess I'm still confused about it. I know I'll never ever do anything like that to anyone ever again.

No comments: