Welcome

Hello, and welcome to my blog! I'm not sure exactly what I'll be writing about, but with the project I've been working on for the past 7 months recently announced, I felt compelled to finally start one. Of course, it has taken me almost a week to get my blog up and running - more on that in future blog entries...

Serchie

Monday, October 13, 2008

Related to boyfriend

Sarah, 17, got a nasty surprise about her boyfriend. She emailed us her shocking story...

Sarah's story

A girl looking upset

I grew up with my single mother. She did everything she could to support me for 13 years. We did everything together, she was my best friend.

When I turned 13 she started going out every night. She used to say that I was mature enough to look after myself. She changed completely, every couple of weeks she would bring a different man back and make me stay in my room.

After that I started staying out late, hanging out with the wrong crowd, drinking, smoking - you name it! I thought it would block it out but it just got worse. My friends said I was depressed because I didn't know my dad.

“I didn't understand what was going on. ”

Needed to find dad

My mums one night stands got worse and I had, had enough. I started living with my boyfriend who also had a single mum. He knew his dad briefly but he didn't want anything to do with him.

After a lot of pushing from my friends I finally decided to find my dad as I thought this would make things better. My Nan helped me out but kept it a secret from my mum.

I started spending all my time on the internet trying to find my dad. Finally I thought I found him. I confided in my boyfriend and asked him to come with me because I was nervous.

Awful realisation

We travelled all the way to another city to meet him. We didn't know if he would even want to see me. After finding his house I spent 45 minutes deciding what to say and whether it was a bad idea.

Finally I knocked on the door and a young girl answered. She had the same eyes and hair as me and I felt quite glad that he had another child. I was not prepared for what was going to happen next though.

My dad came to the door and froze for a few seconds. I thought he recognised me but he looked straight at my boyfriend. I looked at my boyfriend and he looked shocked, he just said "Dad?" and walked off.

I burst out crying and ran after him. I couldn't believe it. I didn't understand what was going on. My boyfriend was my half brother and I hadn't known.

Controversial decision

I decided not to confront my dad and to pretend I didn't even know him. I wasn't prepared to lose my boyfriend, we have been together for too long and I didn't want to ruin our relationship.

We decided that I wouldn't class him as my dad and pretend that we weren't related. I know this is stupid and people might class us as freaks but you cant help who you love.

Two years on, and and I'm still with my boyfriend. My mums affairs soon stopped and she found someone who loved her. I now class her partner as my dad because he stands by me.

Slink says:

In the UK incest is deemed illegal and you can be prosecuted - so we'd stay well clear!

No comments: