Welcome

Hello, and welcome to my blog! I'm not sure exactly what I'll be writing about, but with the project I've been working on for the past 7 months recently announced, I felt compelled to finally start one. Of course, it has taken me almost a week to get my blog up and running - more on that in future blog entries...

Serchie

Monday, October 13, 2008

I was stabbed

Emmie-Louise, 15, moved towns and ended up in real trouble. A deadly fight nearly cost her her life. She emailed us her story...

I grew up in Glasgow and loved it. I went to primary school there and had lots of friends, but I was always in trouble at school. At the end of my last year, I had been suspended a total of 27 times in 7 years.

A girl bending another girls arme behind her back.

A few months before, my parents had told me that we were moving down to London. I was gutted to leave. I was leaving my friends and boyfriend behind, and would have to start secondary school not knowing anyone.

We had to move because my parents were in serious debt, and they had to move us out of our house to pay the loans back. We spent a month at my Auntie's house down in England before getting a tiny flat for us to live in. It was ok but it just wasn't home.

I started my new school in September. My parents begged me to stay out of trouble, and I agreed. I met a couple of nice girlfriends and some funny lads. They didn't make fun of my accent. I went out with one guy, Gregor for a few months before I found out he smoked. I did well in classes and my parents were delighted with my report card.

“I felt blood on my jacket and fell to the ground."”

My behaviour got worse

Then Kayla came to my school in December. I started being cheeky to teachers more often and talking during lessons. Then I started bunking off classes with Kayla & her gang because my friends wouldn't come with me.

We got caught sometimes but we mostly got away with it. Kayla introduced me to cigarettes and alcohol, and by my 13th birthday I was an addict to both. I was grounded for my 13th birthday for being caught bunking school, but I sneaked out to the park to meet my new friends (the others were too wimpy for me now) and they gave me my birthday present - a small clear bag with 3 pills in it - ecstasy.

The deadly fight

A girl thinking

I stole money off my mum to pay for more drugs. I got more and more angry and rebellious. I dyed my hair black to make a statement, got into fights and it was rare for me to be in class. I started dating Kayla's boyfriend behind her back and I sneaked out at night to meet him.

I was sitting in reception after getting into trouble. I was probably going to be suspended again but I didn't care. I sat putting on eyeliner when Kayla came through the doors with her gang and she yanked me up and slapped me. "What's wrong?" I asked her and she yelled in my face "You cheating little cow!" and slapped me again.

I punched her in the nose and it started bleeding. That's when one of the other girls handed something to her and she stabbed me with it. I felt blood on my jacket and fell to the ground.

I woke up in hospital in a panic. The doctors told me that I had been unconscious for over four hours. Kayla had stabbed me with a large knife. I would have scarring but I would eventually be all right.

My advice

Now, a year on that's all behind me. We moved back up to Glasgow and I'm with all my old friends. I'm back at school and doing well. Kayla got expelled and she wrote a letter of apology, just like I did to the main people I hurt or bullied. My scarring will probably never fade but I realise how lucky I am because I could have died or damaged an organ. I didn't need much surgery and I'm really grateful.

My advice is, never let bullies or anyone force you into things. Also, never get into fights and NEVER have anything to do with knives. I really regret how I behaved, I was only thinking of myself. No one deserves to be stabbed but I don't think my behaviour helped things. I'm so glad it's all behind me now and I'll never get into this type of trouble again.

No comments: