Welcome

Hello, and welcome to my blog! I'm not sure exactly what I'll be writing about, but with the project I've been working on for the past 7 months recently announced, I felt compelled to finally start one. Of course, it has taken me almost a week to get my blog up and running - more on that in future blog entries...

Serchie

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"They call me The Robot"

Sarah's pacemaker has earned her a cruel nickname. Read her tragic and inspiring story...

They searched all my bags and then frisked me. When they touched my scars I yelled. It hurt like hell.

I told them about my operation and they said that it was probably my pacemaker that set the alarms off. They let me go and I went into another shop, came out of it, the same happened again, the alarms went off.

I got so embarrassed I just shouted "I have a pacemaker!" They let me go but I was mortified, I thought I would never be able to go anywhere without setting off alarms.


My scars got infected


I had to go back to hospital

I went back to hospital a few days later and they found something wrong: my wounds were infected.

So I stayed in the hospital for 9 days going through 12 drips worth of medicine (That hurt so much that I had to have gas to make it stop).

That was last week, the doctors have tried everything, but the scars are still infected and they still hurt a lot.

I've been told I might have to have another operation to clean the wound out because if the infection got into my pacemaker it could be fatal. Then I'd have to stay in the hospital until the wound healed, which could take MONTHS.


I try to look on the bright side!...


“You have to count your blessings”

It's all a bit of a mess. But one good thing has happened. I've been given a card to show in shops when I set off the alarm, it proves that I have a pacemaker and that I'm not a criminal.

My scars might be sore and I might still get called "Robot" but at least I won't get sent to prison for a crime I haven't committed. You have to look on the bright side! I take each day as it comes and am just glad I'm alive and that I've got such a loving family.

I'm at home now, just waiting for the results of the latest tests. I really really hope I'm not going back to hospital...

No comments: